How to Write a Play!
Time & Location
About The Event
What it takes to be a good author? How to write a good script?
During three-hour wokrshop you will learn how to develop a character, plot, conflict, tension. How to create a great dialogs and much more.
This workshop is open to all young authors, primarily to those who are insterested in participating in Let’s Write! playwriting contest.
ABOUT LET'S WRITE!
For the 5th year, Class Acts is running its popular writing contest: and this year we are pleased to announce a playwriting contest! The winning plays in each category will be PERFORMED by Story Theatre. The shows will be rehearsed during a 3-day weekend workshop in March. At the end of the weekend, all participants will be invited to an awards ceremony where we will announce all winners AND present the world premieres of the first prize shows. Authors of the winning plays will be invited to participate in the weekend workshop in March. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CONTEST CLICK HERE.
- On a bus: Several characters meet; a problem arises….
- Fairy tale from another point of view OR another location, for example: Scene told from inside the wolf’s stomachMice footmen on the way to pick up Cinderella (or after they drop her off), ...
- My neighborhood: Something happens in a place you know well in your neighborhood. What? Someone falls in love, someone stood up for someone else, someone fell apart.
- September 15th 2019: registration opens
- November 10th 2019; 15:00-18:00: playwriting workshops; location TBD
- January 15th 2020: Play submission date
- February 15th 2020: Winning plays / shows announcement
- March 22nd; 4pm: Award Ceremony: Afternoon of 10-minute shows.
- How to Write a Play!CZK 350CZK 3500CZK 0