How to Write a Play!
Time & Location
About The Event
Would you like to get some good tips how to write catchy dialogue, how to develop interesting characters and how to create drama in your play? Join us for a workshop led by playwrights and theatre specialists Bara Dockalova (playwright, novelist, composer), Liam Hallahan (playwright and drama teacher, Prague Youth Theatre) and Kate Sellars (Head of Performing Arts, Riverside School).
When: 10th November (Sunday), 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Where: Riverside School, Hradčanská Office Centre, Prague 6
Fee: 400,- Kč / child
This workshop is open to all young authors, primarily to those who are insterested in participating in Let’s Write! playwriting contest. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CONTEST CLICK HERE.
- On a bus: Several characters meet; a problem arises….
- Fairy tale from another point of view OR another location, for example: Scene told from inside the wolf’s stomachMice footmen on the way to pick up Cinderella (or after they drop her off), ...
- My neighborhood: Something happens in a place you know well in your neighborhood. What? Someone falls in love, someone stood up for someone else, someone fell apart.
- September 15th 2019: registration opens
- November 10th 2019; 15:00-18:00: playwriting workshops; location TBD
- January 15th 2020: Play submission date
- February 15th 2020: Winning plays / shows announcement
- March 22nd; 4pm: Award Ceremony: Afternoon of 10-minute shows.
- How to Write a Play!CZK 400CZK 4000CZK 0